Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day Is Hard




We had to do a Mother's Day lunch and it was heavy for me...this time of year is tough.


I'm empty. I don't want to fake it for Mother's Day. We pretend we are a happy family but all I feel is that it's out of a sense of duty. I want us to actually love each other. I'd rather spend the day alone, it's an emotional thing. The reality of life is not pretty. It's raw. It's painful. We will probably go to lunch after church and I will endure it. But, I don't want to go. 

I don't want to pretend.


Mother's Day is just icky. We don't usually do anything. At Christmas my husband asked me if I wanted him to get me a Christmas present. Maybe this will be the year he gets me a card. A card with sentiment.

Three friends, three broken hearts, three conversations about Mother's Day. If we have ears to hear, let us weep with those who weep this weekend. We cannot take away their pain, but we can join with the unnamed minister in Revelation and say, Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered.

Pointing to Jesus we can say, behold the Lamb who takes away sin.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that dose of reality!...Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you and your encouragement Misty!

      Delete