Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Search And Rescue Mission For The #Messy

I have come to cherish the gospel simply because it is the only place where I find a willingness to forgive me for being me. I know I'm not clinging to God, He is holding on to me. I am aware of that truth and now, more than ever, I need that truth to be true. I gaze in vivid technicolor at the reality of who I am - the one who never holds on, and the reality of who God is - the One who never let's go. 


the reality of who I am - the one who never holds on 
the reality of who God is - the One who never let's go


It's the best news ever.

The gospel assures me that I don't have to wring my hands. The gospel proclaims that in all my messed-upness, God still descends, straight into the middle of the pile. The gospel continues pursuing rebellious and riotous people. The gospel answers people like me who have more questions than they do zipped-up-tight theology. The gospel reassures me that there is nothing I can do to forfeit God's love for me. EVER. The gospel says;

 "There is nothing you can do to mess this thing up."

God did not descend in the person of Jesus so that I could get my pious and religious ducks in a row. He came to find me in the midst of my out-of-line methods and motives. He came to save me from my relentless pursuit of trying to work it all out for Him. About the only thing I have worked out is the mess I make of everything.


Coming to a place of being weary and worn out from religion, it is good news for me to remember why Christ came;


For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
Luke 19:10












No comments:

Post a Comment