Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Throne Of Grace

Suppose I come to the throne of grace with the burden of my sins; there is one on the throne who felt the burden of sin in ages long gone by, and has not forgotten its weight. 

Suppose I come loaded with sorrow; there is One there who knows all the sorrows to which humanity can be subjected. 

Am I depressed and distressed? Do I fear that God himself has forsaken me? There is One upon the throne who said, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" 

It is a throne from which grace delights to look upon the miseries of mankind with tender eye, to consider them and to relieve them. 

Come, then; come, then; come, then, ye that are not only poor, but wretched, whose miseries make you long for death, and yet dread it. Ye captive ones, come in your chains; ye slaves, come with the irons upon your souls; ye who sit in darkness, come forth all blindfold as you are. 

The throne of grace will look on you if you cannot look on it, and will give to you, though you have nothing to give in return, and will deliver you, though you cannot raise a finger to deliver yourself.

~ Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment