Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Reformation Day Message of Good News

So, if I would find comfort and life, when I am at the point of death, I must do nothing else but apprehend Christ, and look at Him, and say: I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who suffered, was crucified, and died for me: in whose wounds, and in whose death I see my sin, and in His resurrection victory over sin, death, and the devil, also righteousness and eternal life. Besides Him I see nothing, I hear nothing. This is true faith concerning Christ, and in Christ, whereby we are made "members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones." "In Him, therefore, we live and move and have our being." (Acts 17:28)
~ Martin Luther

(Reformation Day is a religious holiday celebrated on October 31st or the last weekend in October in remembrance of the Reformation. On that day, Martin Luther posted a proposal at the doors of a church in Wittenberg, Germany. The Reformation was the great rediscovery of the good news of salvation by grace through faith. You can read more about it here.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lori!

    Good ol' Marty did a good thing in standing up for the pure gospel. As did all thise who did it before him...and after him.

    ReplyDelete