Thursday, May 10, 2012

Real Life Wednesday!

Welcome to Real Life Wednesday!


You might be thinking,


"But wait, it's Thursday!"






Yes, welcome to my real life.  As much as I wanted to post this yesterday before the stroke of midnight, I just didn't have it in me. Between my home, family, a new position at work and keeping up with friends, I literally had no time left in my Wednesday. But that's a good thing, and I'll tell you why:


My Wednesday began on our patio with my husband and a cup of coffee. These days, that's how we start each day. Sometimes we talk a lot, sometimes we don't say much, but every morning is spent together - connecting - in the same space - face to face.
My day ended with my husband - and prayer. It's the best way I can think of to end a day that is full of distractions.
I've started a new position at work. I love it! My mind is swirling with thoughts about it. I was devoted to working hard throughout my day. It's good. I am kind of surprised that I get to do what I do :)
I sat at the dinner table with my husband. I know - in this day and age that's rare. But despite the constant pull to do other things, we have decided this is a big deal - dinner together, at the table. It's nice.
I went to bed early. Some nights it just feels good to actually be in bed by 9:30pm! Nothing beats a good night's sleep!
I put a note on my computer today to remind me to ask myself this question every day "Does my calendar reflect my ministry?". I want to spend my time each day focusing on people not tasks and "to do" lists.
As I look at the things that filled my day yesterday, it makes my heart glad that the things that "got in my way" of completing my "Real Life Wednesday" post had to do with my husband - he is what matters most.

It hasn't always been that way. God is good. His grace is unending.

Happy Thursday :)!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Wednesday. And congrats on your new position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luann, It was a great day :)Thanks for congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, love your blog & your transparency. You inspire me. :) Congrats on the new position!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheryl, thanks for your encouragement and for congrats! Transparency is always harder than wearing a mask, but freeing like pretending could never be!

      Delete