Thursday, March 15, 2012

Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free Free!

If we are honest with ourselves, we would admit that our days are spent trying to save ourselves. We work hard to rescue our enslaved lives from the sin that so easily entangles us and keeps us in bondage and imprisoned. We do this in a thousand different ways, trying to spring ourselves from the confinement we're locked up in. Surely we can contribute something to this jail break.  

We think "Isn't there at least some way I can demonstrate that I can do this thing?".  At my very core I believe there is something I can do and have to do to free myself. The truth is, there really isn't. Think about your day so far. Mine has gone like this: I should have prayed more, I really should have stayed on track with my Bible reading plan, I know I should have been completely honest with my husband about what was bothering me last night, I have had more than one judgmental thought about my co-workers and I have questioned something I saw on fb this morning (because of course I would have never posted that link.) This list could be a lot longer and it's only 10am! I have failed in my thoughts, I have failed in my religious/spiritual disciplines, I have failed to be the helper my husband needs, I have failed my co-workers and I am murdering my friends in my heart. Had I not a Savior that stands in perfect righteousness on my behalf I would be crushed. Had I not a Lover who sees me as I truly am and knows me better than I know myself and loves me anyway, I would be destroyed. Like Paul I cry "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:24-25

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

If you are in Christ, then today, this hour, right this very moment and this exact second you are free! You are free from guilt, free from judgement, you are approved, you stand as one who is not to blame, you are free from accusation, you are not just above reproach you are of no reproach, your sentence for that wrong motive in your heart just now is lifted.The ticket you would have to pay for lashing out at your spouse this morning has been paid in full.The jail time you would have served for your impatience with your teenager last night at 10:30pm when all you really wanted to do was go to bed - well, that's been suspended.You're free, you've been sprung, Jesus has broken you out and squared away every penalty that was hanging over your head.The freedom that awaits those who are in Christ Jesus is crazy talk, it's unbelievable, it's counter cultural, it's not quid pro quo. There are no if then or buts, no conditions involved.You don't have to strike a deal, make a trade, barter, swap or exchange anything.It is pure, no strings attached, no coupon needed freedom.You are not condemned, you are loved - fully, lavishly, eternally and unconditionally!


For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. John 3:17


...Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more. John 8:6b-11


Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Romans 8:34


Whoever believes in him is not condemned...John 3:18a


For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20




No more shackles, no more chains
No more darkness, I am free!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Lori. I am ready for this song..... at the ridge. I am so thankful for all Jesus has done I almost can't contain it! Praying for the chains on all of our hearts to be broken free by the Love of Jesus at our church.

    I think a revival of freedom will break out if Mark does this song. I hope I am there that day and Greg is singing!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Tammy! Thanks for stopping by. Freedom is here, it's already ours. Jesus said "I've come to set the captives free". He came, we're free! (I just need to get it more and more :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lori,
    Thanks for coming by my blog. Hugs to you, my friend. :) I miss seeing your beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete