Monday, October 17, 2011

Just.write.



So this is my "I'm just going to start writing" post.

I've been stuck for several days now...wanting to write but having nothing to say. Is it really that I have nothing to say or am I just lacking the motivation, the desire to put sentences to paper?

Every day that has gone by I think "I will write".

                                                          something.

                                                                   anything.

                                                                          and.

                                                                                then.

                                                                                      nothing.

That's when God's grace broke in.  

A sumptuous bit of encouragement from a friend today.  We weren't talking about writing. We were talking about what makes each of us tick, what animates us and what excites us.  She very sweetly encouraged me by telling me how she enjoys what I write and believes God has gifted me to write.  

I walked out of her office very aware of God's kindness to me.  

And once again I am amazed at how God's kindness and love inspire and encourage and motivate me.  

The feeling of dread at the thought of "having" to get something on paper sent me the other direction.  

Instead... 

...it is with joy I type these few thoughts tonight; 

...it is with freedom I write; 

...it is my cheerful response to God's lavish and generous love for me.

Isn't it amazing to think that
the God of the universe cares about 
this little gathering of words 
suspended in a galaxy of sentences?  

"See how very much our Father loves us, 
for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!" 
1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment