Saturday, July 16, 2011

Who is in Control?

I'm just finishing up a book on my summer reading list entitled "Spiritual Depression" by Martyn Lloyd-Jones. In his chapter on Trials he writes:
"We are walking through this world under the eye of our Heavenly Father."
As I begin this day this precious truth encourages my heart...

I am working through the joys and challenges of marriage...under the eye of my Heavenly Father.

I am struggling to find grace filled words for a conversation with my child...under the eye of my Heavenly Father.

I am challenged and burdened by a relationship with a friend...under the eye of my Heavenly Father.

I am concerned and worried about my aging mom and her well-being...under the eye of my Heavenly Father.

Whatever you are doing today, it is under the eye of your Heavenly Father. He has your back, he cares for you, he is ever watchful over you. Rest secure in that peace that passes all understanding. No matter what you are facing, He knows and He is in control!

"He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
guarding the paths of justice
and watching over the way of his saints." Proverbs 2:7-8

"With my voice I cry out to the LORD;
with my voice I plead for mercy to the LORD.
I pour out my complaint before him;
I tell my trouble before him.
When my spirit faints within me,
you know my way!" Psalm 142:1-3

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good." Proverbs 15:3

"The Lord watches over the sojourners;" Psalm 146:9

"The Lord looks down from heaven;
he sees all the children of man;
from where he sits enthroned he looks out
on all the inhabitants of the earth" Psalm 33:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment